Make Your Voice Heard in the ASCD Forum
Nations, states, and provinces all around the world are grappling with the issue of educator effectiveness. ASCD invites all educators to make their voices heard in an ongoing discussion of the question, “How do we define and measure teacher and principal effectiveness?” Discussion will focus on a series of themes to ensure a broad and comprehensive discussion:
- Jan 22-Feb 2: Access and Equity - How do we give students across the globe equitable access to effective teachers and principals?
- Feb 3-16: Educator Preparation Systems - What is the role and responsibility of educator preparation programs to foster and sustain effectiveness?
- Feb 17-Mar 2: Educator Evaluation Purpose - What is the purpose of educator evaluation systems?
- Mar 3-16: Educator Evaluation Systems - What research and evidence support the validity of existing evaluation systems?
- Mar 17-30: Multiple Measures - What measures do we use and how do we weight them to measure educator effectiveness?
- Mar 31-Apr 6: How do we define and measure teacher effectiveness?
- Apr 7-12: How do we define and measure principal effectiveness?
The ASCD Forum takes place from January 22-April 12. Questions? contact firstname.lastname@example.org.